Tuesday, June 29, 2010

We interrupt our regular-scheduled programming...

...to (finally) bring you picture from our trip to Europe.
First four days were London - so much beer, so much sightseeing, and so much fun! We went on top of the London Eye right as the sun was setting, so it was breathtaking. We visited the Tower and the Tower Bridge (and by day two my companions - my almost tireless husband and wonderful friend Gretchen - were done with me taking pictures of them, so I had to resort to mirrors, shadows, and sneaking around to get their pictures). We visited museums, climbed atop the St. Paul's cathedral (which, I'm not gonna lie, was tiring), and had tea at Windsor. We even attempted to see the changing of the guard by the Buckingham Palace, but alas, that day the rain canceled all the happenings.

Then we were off to the fabulous romantic Paris - one of my absolute favorite places ever!We did probably a bit too much, as I tend to get really excited about going to museums (my husband would be happy chilling out by Notre Dame or in the Luxembourg Garden all day) So we did the obligatory Louvre, the magnificent Musee D'Orsay (love it!), Orangerie (mind-blowing!), climbed the Arc de Triomphe. We went to Giverny (where we biked to get to Monet's house) and visited Champagne (where we tasted delicious champagne and consequently bought some). The last day was reserved for Eiffel Tower, as we haven't properly seen in this time around till then, ahh, the beauty!

Can we go back yet?? Le sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment